Saturday, January 21, 2012

EDTECH 502 Reflection

(Originally posted May 3, 2010)

While at times it had been a struggle, and there were a few moments when I questioned the necessity of learning the language of coders, I can now say that EDTECH 502: Internet for Educators has given me sufficient skills to create and edit websites for academic and personal purposes.
Learning HTML and CSS was nothing short of becoming immersed in a second language. While it took me a little while to overcome my resistance, the more I worked with code, the more familiar it became, and the easier it got.  It’s been nice to look back at my body of work for this class and see the gradual improvements and accumulation of skills and concepts.

While I’ve acquired the ability to write in code language, I’ve also become familiar with the theory and design behind visually appealing and effective websites. I appreciated this aspect of the class, as it were as if I was an architect, building a digital creation that needed to be accessible and functional for my users. Thanks to exposure to programs like Adobe Dreamweaver and Fireworks, I gained experience with some of the tools of the graphic designer trade.

I look forward to applying the knowledge gained from this course to future projects and Internet-based creations.

Creative Commons Image by Ashley on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment