Sunday, March 18, 2012

Write On! initial podcast

In the premiere podcast episode of Write On!, I provide an overview of the four types of journalistic leads - the news, feature, review, and opinion. Each article is different, and each requires a unique strategy. I talk about the chief aspects of each type of lead, and then provide actual examples from our school newspaper, Spotlight.

Click HERE for the link.

Write On! will feature writing tips, advice, and examples from a variety of genres, including newspaper, academic, and creative writing. Future topics could include "crafting thesis statements,""concluding with authority," and "the art of analysis."

I had a lot of fun recording this, channeling my own Mark Hunter from Pump Up The Volume. I was surprised how quickly I was able to fill the time. For future podcasts, I may try to limit the number of segments, or work at being more concise with my language and ideas. This was definitely a great learning experience, and I have a new reverence for the work of the radio personalities who entertain me on my way to and from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment