Monday, February 6, 2012

Creating My Learning Log

After having initially set up my Learning Log in Wordpress  when I took EDTECH 501, I have since migrated back to Blogger. I've been using Blogger for more than five years, and I find it intuitive and easy to change settings and appearances to my liking.

Wordpress was usually a struggle to decide what to click on and what screen I wanted to be viewing in order to access what I thought it was that I wanted in order to change the thing I thought would give me the desired result I needed. Blogger is much simpler and more streamlined, yet still offers a high level of control and customization.

The Association for Educational Communications and Technology has created a variety of standards which this Learning Log will eventually demonstrate. This blog post represents Standard 2.3, Computer-Based Technologies. Not only am I using a computer to type this post, a server is allowing me to save this post "to the cloud," which allows me to share it with anyone who has the link.

Social media has transformed the web, and is working its way into the K-12 education sector. The EDTECH program at Boise State has allowed me to conceptualize the shift in learning that's possible with cloud applications and social media, and better incorporate them into my instruction. EDTECH is really about more than technology. It's about how people learn and think, and how certain environments can be created to foster and facilitate growth, learning, collaboration, risk-taking, and other such activities that are instrumental to education and progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment